LOVE... LIFE... FEELINGS

Friday 12 July 2013

Can't Keep Calm. It's my Best friend's Birthday!

This post is dedicated to my best friend who happens to care nothing for birthdays. But I can't for the life of me, understand why. For a huge birthday person like me, I can't fathom a world with no birthdays. So her birthday is as important to me as mine.
Cake, free food, gifts... What's not to like! But, here I am, writing anyways, because words sometimes are the best way to say things you can never say out loud. Here goes...

I remember the day we met. It was the first day of 9th standard. All my friends had been transferred to other sections and I was pissed. I remember seeing you and then thinking, 'This is one girl I want to be friends with.' And I did!

For the 6 years we've been friends, I've been a pain in the ass for almost 5 and a half of them. I don't know why you put up with me, but I'm glad you do.

You have been there for me, always! ALWAYS! But that's not why I love you.
You seen me crying and you're still friends with me. But that's not why I love you.
You've been such a patient person all these six years. Bearing through my craziness, my 'I'm-running-away-from-home' phases, my 'hunger-strike' drama. But that's not why I love you.
For the 6 years we've been friends, we've been apart for four years, met even less number of times ans talked a hundred hours on phone. But that's not why I love you.
We've planned holidays together, promised to be godmother's of our children, dreamed of being in the same city and doing crazy shit. But that's not why I love you.
You made me love chocolate. You introduced me to English songs. You made me a better person.
You've always steered me clear of all trouble. Lectured me when I was being stupid. Threatened to not talk to me if I didn't stop my drama. But that's not why I love you.
Do you remember how stupid we were, back then? How naive? We laugh about it even now. But that's not why I love you.
We have history together. You know stories. Stories that no one else knows. Stupid stories, painful stories, funny stories. Some stories which only require a word from one of us and we'd die laughing. But that's not why I love you.
We are the most opposites of each other as two people can be. But that's not why I love you.
You cannot sleep. I can't stop sleeping. You say wrong. I say right. You go west. I go east. I am a romantic. You're skeptic.
We make fun of people together, spend hours discussing our futures, whine about our 'sad and depressing lives'. You know me better than most people, I tell you things I don't even wanna admit out loud sometimes. But that's not why i love you.
Sometimes I hate you for being so harsh with me. Sometimes I resent you for not agreeing with me. Sometimes I despise you for being a different person. And you are still there, in the shadows, to pick me up whenever I fall. But that's not why I love you.
We've survived 6 years of shit together. Shit that most people won't even guess happened with us. And we've come out stronger and better, together. But that's not why I love you.
I'm grateful to you for being a true friend. For not hesitating to tell me that the sun don't shine out of my ass. For setting me right, when I'm being ridiculous. For not being afraid to speak your mind. But that's not why I love you.
You've been the most incredible, patient, understanding, sweet, amazing friend of all times. But that's not why I love you.

No. I don't love you because of, despite or inspite of all these reasons. Because if I loved you for a reason, it wouldn't be love. It would be a carefully compiled list of pros and cons. No.

I love you for no reason. I love you and I have no idea why. I love you. Enough said.

1 comment:

  1. I am lucky to have you, miss awesomely awesome! :) <3
    thank you soooooo much. <3

    ReplyDelete